High Commission of India
Guidelines on Air Transport Bubble for travel to India, effective from 22 October 2020
A. Categories of passengers allowed to travel:
1. Nationals of Bangladesh
All Bangladesh nationals can apply for all categories of visas ( including dependents) except TOURIST VISA, for travel to India , by AIR/WATER ROUTES ONLY.
All existing visas except TOURIST VISA and MEDICAL VISA which remained suspended since 12th March 2020 are hereby restored for travel to India by AIR/WATER ROUTES ONLY.
All Diplomatic/official passport holders of Bangladesh, as per existing bilateral agreement, are exempted from requirement of a visa for travel to India.
2. Any Indian national.
3. OCI card holders.
B. De-boarding instructions:
4. Passengers have to submit a self-reporting form on the online portal Air Suvidha (www.newdelhiairport.in) at least 72 hours before the scheduled travel date. As mandated by the Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, all international arriving passengers are mandatorily required to fill the self-reporting form, anytime before boarding.
5. They should also give an undertaking on the portal that they would undergo mandatory quarantine for 14 days i.e. 7 days paid institutional quarantine at their own cost, followed by 7 days isolation at home with self-monitoring of health.
6. If passengers wish to seek exemption, they shall apply to the Air Suvidha portal at least 72 hours before boarding. The decision taken by the government as communicated on the online portal will be final. The categories for exemption are : Pregnant women, suffered a death in the family, suffering from serious illness (Description to be provided), parents accompanied by children below 10 years , COVID-19 negative certificate (attach RT PCR test only).
7. COVID-19 NEGATIVE CERTIFICATE ( RT PCR TEST ONLY) : The test taken within 96 hours of departure from the port of origin is valid on arrival in India. If the final report is not available 72 hours prior the flight, passengers can carry the report and can show it on arrival at the airport. Such passengers can apply for exemption online at Air Suvidha & upload proof of test mentioning that they are waiting for result to arrive.
8. For categories of passengers exempted from institutional quarantine can travel in public transport including domestic flights to reach their final destinations.
22 October 2020