There are fifteen Indian Visa Application Centers (IVAC) managed by State Bank of India in Bangladesh. These are located at Indian Visa Application Centre- Dhaka , Jessore , Khulna , Mymensingh, Barisal, Sylhet, Chittagong, Rajshahi, Rangpur, Comilla, Noakhali, Brahmanbaria, Satkhira, Bogura,Thakurgoan.
- All categories of Indian visas are accepted on appointment date & time slot basis.
- Holders of Bangladeshi passports who are residing in other divisions of Bangladesh (except Chittagong division, Rajshahi division, Sylhet division, Khulna division) may apply for visa in Indian Visa Application Centre- Dhaka / IVAC, Mymensingh/ IVAC, Jessore/ IVAC, Barisal Holders who are residents of Chittagong divisions may apply for visa in IVAC, Chittagong. Bangladeshi nationals residing in Rajshahi division may apply for visa in IVAC, Rajshahi / IVAC, Rangpur. Comilla, Noakhali, Brahmanbaria, Satkhira, Bogura,Thakurgoan living applicants can apply from their districts indian visa application centers. Bangladeshi nationals residing in Sylhet division may apply for visa in IVAC, Sylhet. Bangladeshi nationals residing in Khulna division may apply for visa in IVAC, Khulna.
- Other foreign nationals can apply for visa at Indian Visa Application Centre- Dhaka (Jamuna Future Park ) and at Indian Visa Application Centre, Chittagong.
- There is no visa fee for Bangladeshi passport holders applying for Indian visa.
- Other foreign nationals are required to pay visa fee unless they are exempt from payment of visa fee under orders of Government of India.
- All persons applying for visa at any IVAC in Bangladesh is required to pay Visa Processing Fee (VPF).
Applicants must come to the Visas Centre due to 10 finger biometric data and photographs of the visa applicants will be captured at the time of submission of the Visa Applications at the IVACs.
Any member of the family is allowed to collect passport on behalf of other members of the family subject to proof of identification by original passport. For the purpose family constitutes spouse, children, brother, sister and parents.
- If you are a Bangladeshi citizen and you have a foreign passport too then you have to apply by foreign passport for Indian visa.
Your Visa application is liable to be rejected if you:-
- Suffer from any life threatening contagious disease.
- Suffer from mental illness and travelling to India for purposes other than medical treatment.
- are addicted to or have trafficked in narcotics.
- have been convicted for or have criminal charges outstanding in any country.
- have been deported or expelled from any country.
- have submitted insufficient/incomplete/ false documents
- are found to be in possession of unauthorised travel documents
- have suppressed any material information
- or any other grounds as in the opinion of concerned authorities that would render the applicant ineligible for visa, not necessarily to be conveyed to the applicant orally or to be recorded in writing.
Delivery of Passports :- For delivery of passport may be collected on or after the delivery date which is mentioned in the receipt during the delivery time. In case of lost of receipt, applicant needs to do General Dairy at Local Police station. Passport will be delivered after submitting original copy of General Dairy (GD) ,1 photo with an application at the counter.
NB: Delivery on authorization not allowed
Conditions for entry into India:-
- Your entry into India even after holding a valid visa may be prohibited if the visa was obtained by false representation or by concealment of relevant facts, whether or not you were aware of those facts.
- A change in circumstances has occurred between the date of your application and the date of your arrival in India.
- An immigration officer can ask anyone to be medically examined on arrival in India, if he considers it necessary.
- You must not undertake employment or formal study/research in India unless employment visa or appropriate visa is granted to you.
- You must leave India on expiry of the authorised period of stay unless the period is extended by the concerned authority in India.
- You must register yourself with the nearest Foreigners Regional Registration Office (FRRO) in case your stay in India exceeds a period of six months for all categories of visas except medical/ medical attendant visas. For medical / medical attendant visas, registration with nearest FRRO within 14 days of arrival in India is mandatory.
- or any other grounds as in the opinion of concerned authorities that would render the applicant ineligible for entry to India, not necessarily to be conveyed to the person orally or recorded in writing.
Diplomatic/ Official Passport Holders:
Holders of Diplomatic Passports/ Official Passport Holders issued by Government of People's Republic of Bangladesh do not require visa to travel to India and stay in India up to 45 days
The following categories of applicants may apply for visa online and submit their online visa applications in person or through authorised representative at the High Commission of India, Dhaka between 1000 hrs to 1300 hrs on working days. The applicants must fill-up online application form and such applications will be admitted even if the date of appointment falls later than the date of submitting the application at the High Commission.
(i) Officials of Government of People's Republic of Bangladesh travelling to India for official purpose- Their applications must be accompanied by Note Verbal from Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Government of People's Republic of Bangladesh.
(ii) Diplomatic /Official Passport holders of other Countries (who are otherwise required to obtain visa for travel to India) travelling to India for official purpose - Their applications must be accompanied by a Note Verbal from the respective Diplomatic Mission.
(iii) Personnel working in United Nations and other International organisations travelling to India for official purpose- Their applications must be accompanied by a Note Verbal from the respective Office.
(iv) Applicants associated with/working with - diplomatic missions, UN agencies or accredited international organizations in Dhaka, intending to submit their visa application are hereby requested to kindly send a soft copy of the “NOTE VERBALE” to email@example.com prior to submission of application at IVAC, Dhaka.
Visa Helpline will send an email regarding the submission of applications to IVAC, Dhaka, with a copy to the application/sender, Which the application should carry when submitting the application. The processed passports should also be collected from IVAC, Dhaka.
Kindly check the following before submission, to avoid rejection or delay –
- The validity of the passport is more than six(06) months
- There are minimum two (02) blank pages remaining in the passport
- The passport number in the application is mentioned correctly
- The expiry date & date of issue of passport is mentioned correctly
- The name in the application is mentioned correctly
- The scanned photo appears in the application printout
- Old passports, if any are attached to the application. If lost, GD copy to be attached
- The Details of previous Visa issued should be filed correctly
- Reference in India & Bangladesh should not be left blank
- Present address matches with the utility bill
- Occupation details should be filled correctly
- Date of Birth matches with that mentioned in NID/Birth Certificate
- The application form should be submitted at the IVAC center within 8 days of filling up the form.
- For Muktijoddha need a gadget copy.
- Applicants are living near Dhaka, Mymensingh, Barishal, Khulna, Jessore, Satkhira are requested to select the Dhaka mission in their visa application while filling-up the Online visa application form.
- Applicants are living near Chittagong, Brahmanbaria, Comilla, Noakhali are requested to select Chittagong mission in their visa application while filling-up the Online visa application form.
- Applicants are living near Rajshahi, Rangpur, Thakurgoan, Bogura are requested to select Rajshahi mission in their visa application while filling-up the Online visa application form.
- Applicants are living near Sylhet are requested to select Sylhet mission in their visa application while filling-up the Online visa application form
- The Center's name must be the same for the submission and payment of your visa application.
- A number of instances of visa applicants submitting fake documents including fake dollar endorsements and bank statements along with the visa application form have come to the attention of the High Commission of India.
- Applicants are responsible for the information that they provide in the visa application form and should ensure that the form is complete and correct information has been provided. Incorrect information or fake documentation will lead to summary rejection of the visa application.
Type of Visa
Purpose of Visit
Bangladeshi nationals visiting India to meet relatives, friends or children
For tourism, pilgrimage, or any other purpose
Bangladeshi nationals transiting through India by land, river or air routes. No visa required for direct transit through an Airport/Seaport.
Double Entry Transit Visa
Bangladeshi nationals intending to visit a third country through India by air/rail/road/sea.
*Production of onward confirmed ticket by air/rail/road/sea is mandatory
Bona fide business persons or investors of Bangladesh registered with or sponsored by appropriate authorities;
Spouse, dependent children and parents of Business Visa holders are eligible to apply for Entry (X) Visa
Bangladesh students who have been admitted in government and government approved private Universities, colleges, schools.
Professionals of Bangladesh appointed by the Government of India;
Bangladeshi nationals visiting India on regular assignment for reputed organizations of both countries;
Type of visa applicable to spouse, dependent children, and parents will be Entry Visa
Bangladesh nationals visiting India for specialized medical treatment with prior appointment from recognized doctor/clinic/hospital.
Double Entry Visa
Bangladesh nationals applying for visa of third countries, whose representative missions are concurrently accredited to Bangladesh from India, may apply for double entry visa [X-Double Entry]
Journalists/other representatives working in reputed print and electronic media
Journalists/representatives going for Tourism are eligible for Journalist Visa
Research scholars/fellows working in education/research institutions of Bangladesh on assignment of job/fellowship in India or for the purpose of scholarly research in archives and libraries
Bangladesh national married to Indian national or their children
Artists/cultural personalities/academicians/professionals visiting India to participate in non-profitable/non-commercial performances sponsored by reputed institutions in India.
Bangladesh national visiting India to attend conferences, seminars or workshops being held in India.
- Citizens of countries eligible for e-visa, may apply online for e-visa at the link https://indianvisaonline.gov.in/evisa/tvoa.html The list of countries eligible for e-visa can be checked under the “Countries/Nationalities who are eligible to avail eVisa” tab under the above-mentioned link.
Chinese passport holders are advised to apply under the e-visa option discussed above
- All categories of Indian visas are accepted on a walk-in basis i.e. the applicant intending to apply for an Indian visa is required to fill in the application form online and submit the form along with the requisite documents at IVAC, Dhaka & Chittaghong during the stipulated working hours
DOCUMENTS REQUIRED FOR DIFFERENT VISA TYPES
- Duly completed visa application form. The photograph of the applicant should be scanned and uploaded in the application form. A physical copy of the same photograph should be affixed in the right-hand corner space of the application form earmarked for the same. The photograph should be clear, front-facing, 2/2 in size, against a white background and should not be older than 3 months.
- Photocopy of Bangladeshi Visa, First page of Passport & Last Indian Visa (in case of previous visa) along with Online Visa Application form.
- Proof of temporary residence in Bangladesh – utility bill copy & The permanent address will be the address of the country in which the passport is issued
- Proof of profession – In case the applicant is employed in Bangladesh, a letter of employment from the employer has to be furnished along with a copy of the office I-Card. In case the applicant has a business set up in Bangladesh, Trade license and other business-related documents ought to be submitted
- Proof of identity may include – birth certificate (compulsory for minors), state ID card, permanent resident card, driving license, insurance card, health/medical card. This number should be entered in the “Citizenship/National ID number field in Block A” of the application form.
- Proof of financial soundness.May include – international credit card (only front side), bank account statement for the last 6 months. For students, applicants may submit an account statement of parents. Receipt copy of Western Union / Money transfer company shall not suffice as a proof of financial soundness.
- For African nationals, medical immunization card
- Copy of NVR (No Visa Required) page (if Applicable)
- All old passports
- Medical reports/diagnosis from Bangladesh and a medical appointment from India (Applicable for Medical visa application)
- Business documents viz trade license, TIN, membership from chamber of commerce or similar institution, firm’s account statement, Memorandum and articles of association, bonafide letter from the company confirming the applicant’s credentials like employment, address etc on the company letterhead and invitation from the business partner in India (applicable for Business visa application)
- Invitation from India to participate in a conference/event (applicable for conference visa)
- Applicants must come to the Visas Centre due to 10 finger biometric data and photographs of the visa applicants will be captured at the time of submission of the Visa Applications at the IVACs.
Applicants holding diplomatic / UN passports
Applicants associated with/working with - diplomatic missions, UN agencies or accredited international organizations in Dhaka, intending to submit their visa application are hereby requested to kindly send a soft copy of the “NOTE VERBALE” to firstname.lastname@example.org prior to submission of application at IVAC JFP.
Visa Helpline will send an email regarding the submission of applications to IVAC JFP, with a copy to the application/sender, Which the application should carry when submitting the application. The processed passports should also be collected from IVAC, JFP. The list of documents required to be submitted
- Properly filled application from
- Mail copy (send & reply) must
- Note verbal
- Invitation letter
- Authorization letter
OTHER CHECKPOINTS FOR FOREIGN PASSPORT HOLDERS APPLYING FOR INDIAN VISA
- Foreign nationals, other than those who are employed/residing in Bangladesh, are advised to obtain a visa from the Indian Mission /Post located in their country of origin or normal residence. IVAC Dhaka (Jamuna Future Park) / IVAC, Chittagong will normally accept a request for a visa from foreign nationals who are employed /residing in Bangladesh.
- The applicant has to visit in person to submit the visa application form along with the requisite documents. Submission on authorization is not permitted.
- If the applicant is a dual passport holder i.e. holds a Bangladeshi and another foreign passport, the applicant should apply for Indian visa using the foreign passport only
- Pakistani nationals are required to submit 3 copies of the visa application besides the original application along with 4 photographs.
- Visa fee along with other charges shall be payable in cash and in currency denominated in BDT. Fee once paid, cannot be refunded even if the application is withdrawn or the visa is refused .
- Block C: Applicant Contact Details – Both temporary & permanent address needs to be entered.
Present/Temporary address- The temporary address would be the local Bangladeshi address with post/zip code. some kind of proof like utility bill needs to be provided for the sameIf residing in hotel, booking details are required to be submitted.In case the applicant is a student, a letter from the college will suffice.
Permanent address- Address in country of nationality i.e. the country which has issued the passport. Post & zip code should be mentioned without fail. Example- An Italian passport holder should provide an Italian address as a permanent address.
- Business visa can be applied for only if the applicant’s stay in Bangladesh is more than 2 years on continuous basis and the purpose of stay in Bangladesh is business / employment.
- Profession/Occupation details (field G): The field should be properly filled in. In case the applicant is an employee, details of employer, proof of employment/ business details, TIN certificate needs to be attached. In case applicant is dependent, then the guardian’s employment details viz employer details or business details need to be provided. In case of students, college ID card or letter from college needs to be provided
- Passport Deposit time - 10.00 to 13.00 hrs. & Delivery time - 13.00 to 16.00 hrs.
- Online Application along with the required documents may be submitted at the IVAC DHAKA (JFP) / IVAC, Chittagong (as per convenience and proximity to city of residence)
- The application form should be submitted at the IVAC center within 10 days of filling up the form.
- The visa processing time may be longer than the date mentioned on the delivery token. Hence the applicant must ensure that sufficient remnant period, minimum 15 days of Bangladeshi visa validity is in place at the time of submission.
- Business visa/employment visa can be applied for only if the stay in Bangladesh is more than 2 years.
- National ID/Citizenship ID field - The NID card (if available), driving license, health card or identification number of any other document confirming nationality should be keyed in. For minors, Birth certificate number should be keyed in the field
- Two references should be mentioned in the application form – one from Bangladesh and the other from the country of nationality along with contact details and address.
- The applicants are advised to book their flight tickets only after receiving the visa. HCI/IVAC shall not be responsible for any loss incurred on account of booking the flight prior to the receipt of visa and subsequent delay in issuance of visa or denial of visa.
- Applicants who have entered Bangladesh using “Travel Document” rather than a passport are not eligible to apply for Indian visa at IVAC in Bangladesh. Such applicants are advised to apply for Indian visa, if required, in the country wherein the Travel Document has been issued.
- The visa application form can be submitted at IVAC JFP in Dhaka / IVAC Ctg from 10.00 to 13.00 hrs while the passports may be collected from the foreign desk during 13.00 to 16.00 hrs.
It must be mentioned to the applicants to note that –
Delivery of Passports: - Passport may be collected on or after the delivery date which is mentioned in the receipt. The passport shall be delivered to the applicant only against the delivery token. In case of loss of the delivery token, applicant needs to file a General Dairy report at Local Police station. Passport will be delivered after submitting original copy of General Dairy (GD) ,1 photo with an application at the counter during the delivery hours only.
NB: Delivery/submission on authorization not allowed