Please note that your application should be submitted with the following documents:
- Passport, in original, with a minimum validity of six months as on the date of submission of application for visa. The passport should have at least two blank pages. Copy of the passport (first four pages and endorsement of extension of validity if any) should be attached. All old passports must be submitted with the application form.
- One recent (not less than 3 months old) passport-size colour photograph depicting full face;
- Proof of Residence: A copy of National ID Card and Utility Bill such as electricity, telephone, gas or water bill (not less than 6 month old)
- Proof of Profession: Certificate from the employer. In case of students, copy of Identity card from the educational institution is to be attached.
- Proof of Financial soundness: Endorsement of foreign currency equivalent to US$150/- per applicant and/or copy of international credit card and/or updated bank statement, as the case may be, showing sufficient balance to finance travel."
- Online Visa Application form which has both BGD Registration No. and date of appointment with time
- Applicants would be required to scan and upload their photograph in the designated space provided in the online application form.
- Applicants must make sure that their date of birth & place of birth in the current passport matches with the one in the old passport, NID card and / or birth certificate.
- All old passport must be submitted on the date of appointment, without all old passport application will be treat as incomplete.
- Bangladeshi passport holder all categories of Indian visas, except Tourist (T) visas, are accepted on a walk in basis without an online appointment date / E-token.
- Where to Apply for Visa
Remarks Issued to applicants desirous to visit India on business (commercial/economic/trade)purposes
Documents required In addition to general documents, the application should be supported by: (i) Name, address and contact numbers of applicant's business establishment in Bangladesh; (ii) a letter from the sponsoring organization/company from India; (iii) letter of recommendation from a recognized Chamber of Commerce in Bangladesh; (iv) a copy of the Letter of Credit pertaining either to the last business transaction or the impending business transaction with an Indian company; (v) a copy of valid Trade License with Tax Identification Number (TIN). (vi)Covering letter explaining purpose of visit and nature of business dealings. (vii)A copy of statement of the bank account of the company of the applicant (for last six months). (viii)A copy of statement of bank account of the applicant (for last six months). (ix) Genuine Import Registration Certificate (IRC) & Export Registration Certificate (ERC) (x) If employed in a company or a private firm, a copy of the employment contract showing period of contract, designation & monthly salary of the applicant. (xi) In case of participation in or visiting a trade/business exhibition/fair in India, details of the nature of participation and a copy of the invitation letter from the exhibition/fair authorities or Federation/Chamber concerned
Remarks : Normally issued for a period of stay in India upto 90 days for the purpose of tourism/ meeting relatives/ pilgrimage etc. The entry to India under this type of visa will be one month from date of issue of visa
Documents required : General documents
Remarks : Issued to persons whose children are studying in India and dependents of persons employed in India or any other categories of persons requiring long term stay in India.
Documents required : General documents alongwith supporting documents (e.g., letter from school, letter from employer in India, etc)
Remarks : Persons transiting through India by land/river to a third country will be issued transit visa subject to production of ticket and valid visa for the third country.
Documents required : General documents alongwith copy of a confirmed ticket plus visa for the third country.Copy of Hotel booking.
Remarks : Double entry transit visa will be issued to Bangladeshi nationals travelling by air subject to stipulation that period during each stay should not exceed 72 hours and they should possess confirmed return tickets.
Documents required : General documents plus presentation of confirmed tickets.Copy of Hotel booking.
Remarks : Persons visiting India to get medical treatment.
Documents required : General documents and (i) Medical certificate, in original, from recognized hospitals/ doctors indicating in detail the medical condition of the patient; (ii) Recommendation from the attending doctor for availing treatment abroad in case of first visit; (iii) recommendation from the attending doctor in India in case of continued treatment in India; (iv) In case of hospitalization or long term treatment, proof of financial resources, as indicated below, may be sought: (a) Bank statements for last 6 months. (b) Solvency certificate from Bank.
Remarks : Prospective students
Documents required : General documents plus (i) evidence of admission to the Institute/Course in a recognized University / Board in India; (ii) Guarantee from parents/guardian, through the authorized Bank to the effect that the applicant has enough financial resources to support studies in India and that bank will remit the required foreign exchange on behalf of the parent/guardian; (iii) Photocopies of relevant academic certificates on the basis of which admission is sought or has been obtained
Remarks : The applicant should submit visa application along with full particulars of field of Research at least one week before his travel to India to take up the work.
Documents required : General documents plus invitation, etc from the institute
Remarks : Individuals invited to attend events/seminars/conferences in India.
Documents required : General documents plus (i) a letter of invitation from the organizer of the conference in India; and (ii) A letter from the employer in Bangladesh
Remarks : Professionals who have been offered employment in India.
Documents required : General documents and (i) a copy of the appointment letter from the Indian firm; (ii) a letter addressed to the Visa Section, High Commission of India, Dhaka from the employer in India; (iii) testimonials of interview in India; (iv) copies of press notification in India regarding the post; (v) if the person is employed in Bangladesh, a letter from the present employer is also necessary; (vi) Persons traveling to India on Employment Visa are required to register themselves with nearest FRRO.
Remarks : To attend various training programmes in India.
Documents required : Persons applying for training visa should in addition to the documents under "general conditions", submit a copy of the letter from the institution in India, a letter addressed to the Visa Section, High Commission of India, Dhaka from the institution in India, If the person is employed in Bangladesh, a letter from the present employer is also necessary